Course materials made available through UMass Boston OCW are the
property of their respective rights holders. Unless otherwise specified
the course materials are copyright UMass Boston and are licensed under
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
All comments posted in UMass Boston OCW are the property of their authors and are licensed for display, copying, reuse, and distribution according to the terms of their respective copyright and Creative Commons Licenses.
Representing material posted in UMass Boston by another individual as your own work in online or offline settings is strictly prohibited and constitutes grounds for immediate termination of your UMass Boston account and may lead to civil and/or criminal charges.
Information, advice, opinions, and other expressions in UMass Boston are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. The entire liability for any use of any materials available through UMass Boston lies with the user of the materials.
Abuse of the UMass Boston OCW Site
The following list describes activities that are strictly prohibited within UMass Boston. Attempting or succeeding to allow or commit any of the acts prohibited below constitutes grounds for immediate termination of your UMass Boston account and may lead to civil and/or criminal charges. Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Users shall not do anything to intentionally degrade the performance of UMass Boston hardware, software, or network resources.
- Users shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion of UMass Boston.
- Users shall not post commercial solicitations or "spam" comments in UMass Boston.
- Users shall not attempt to spread viruses, worms, or other files harmful to computer systems and/or networks via UMass Boston.
- Users shall not gather personal information about other users (including, but not limited to, harvesting email addresses) via UMass Boston.
- Users shall not share their password or account with other individuals.
- Users shall refrain from making harassing, intimidating, or libelous statements or other expressions in UMass Boston.
- Users shall refrain from offensive/inflammatory statements or other expressions (for example, offensive images) in UMass Boston.
- Users shall not engage in impersonation or other behavior designed to deceive UMass Boston users and/or community leaders.
- Users shall respect the intellectual freedom of others’ expression of their opinions and ideas.